IEC drawings in North America

Rson

Just wondering if anyone out there uses IEC style schematics for machines in the USA? There seems to be an abundance of schematic software available for IEC drawings but very few for NFPA/NEMA style drawings.

After doing a few IEC style drawings/panels, I feel I much prefer the style and we are getting ready to finally standardize on some things here at the office.

I see a large mix of IEC / NFPA in drawings going back and forth - nearly all that are mixed use IEC symbols with a TOP to bottom, LEFT to RIGHT flow like a typical lader diagram.

Anyone had any issues getting customers to accept drawings in IEC?

some yes, some no.

I would show the customer drawings of each and see what he wants.
this would be more a question for the maintenance manager.

on small jobs, you can redo the prints, on larger jobs, you need to make sure of what the customer wants. re working 30+ pages is a pain.

james