FT View SE: How do you use parameters in a display command?

jcuthbertson

Hello,

I am trying to create a search utility for our HMI that an operator can type a tag name and PLC into and it will pull up the correct motor faceplate for them. I am using PlantPAX, not sure if that's relevant. I am trying to modify an existing display command that is part of one of our alarms.

I have created 2 HMI string tags that I want to use to store the parameter values for the display command. PLC_Name and Tag_Name.

This is what I started with as my example:
Display (RA-BAS) $/ParticleBoard/DATA::[Former1]_081511WI.Inf_Type$-Faceplate /T/ParticleBoard/DATA::[Former1]_081511WI

I just inserted the parameters into the display command like below and had no luck. I also tried putting curly brackets around them and that didn't work either.

Display (RA-BAS) $/ParticleBoard/DATA::[PLC_Name]Tag_Name.Inf_Type$-Faceplate /T/ParticleBoard/DATA::[PLC_Name]Tag_Name

That did not work for me so I tried creating a parameter file for it and using the parameters like so:

Display (RA-BAS) $/ParticleBoard/DATA::[#1]#2.Inf_Type$-Faceplate /T/ParticleBoard/DATA::[#1]#2

This didn't work for me either. I keep getting an "invalid parameters" error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!