s7 1500 cant connect to wincc scada

Blue Fox

Hello all,

Im hoping someone on here can help me. I have a s7 1500 plc and wincc scada version 7 sp3. I cant seem to get the scada to connect to the plc. I can ping the plc and get the web server up for it so its definitely connected to the pc. I have got the ip address rack and slot number correct but still cant connect. I am now thinking it must be something in the 1500 plc not set correctly but I'm unsure. Has anyone got any ideas on this? Also the 1500 is talking no problem with several inverters. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I had a similar problem this week.

Is the connection set to communicate over the correct connection type?
Within WinCC Explorer Tag Management I can see all the external tags created in a list (in my case it is called Industrial Ethernet II). If I right click here and select System Parameter and select the Unit tab. In Logical Device Name you need to make sure the correct network card is selected.

That might be of help,
Phill