SLC 5/04 serial port RS-232 and Panel view is supports RJ45

prudent98

Hi,

I want to connect a Panel View 300 through Ethernet to an SLC-5/04.But my PLC support RS-232/DH+ and would appreciate some advice on connections etc. please. I have been reading the 2711-UM014 manual, but am still a bit unsure what additional cables and equipment that I need to achieve what I want, if indeed, I can.
Based on the model number, I believe that the PV300 is support RJ45(Ethernet).
Based on the model number, I believe that the SLC 5/04 is support RS-232.

Any help would be appreciated...
regards
Prudent

Just for checking, please specify the EXACT type number of the PV300.

There is no PV300 with ethernet support.
There are several models with DH485 support. One model has an RJ45 port for DH485, but at the expense of the RS232 port.
This PV300 with DH485 only is not a good fit for connecting to an SLC5/04.

You could connect both SLC5/04 and the PV300 to DH485, but it will be a cludge.

I would replace either the PLC or the panel so you get a combination that supports each other natively.

Curious: Since yu have been reading the manual already, how can you have gotten the idea that the PV300 supports ethernet ?

ohhh sorry actually Panel view not PV300 it's other make it's AB panel view.But it's onlt support to the Ethernet.
Plz give a solution for slc 5/04 Rs-232 port how to convert as a ethernet RJ45

Last edited:
RJ45 has nothing to do with Ethernet. It is a telephone company standard. The labeling of it as "RJ45" is a persistent error in the manuals.
The 8P8C jack on the PV300 is neither RJ45, nor Ethernet. It is a DH-485 connection. The SLC5/04 processor can connect to the PV300 using either DF1 (Serial RS-232) with a serial cable, or using a 1761-NET-AIC coupler to communicate over DH-485.

The 1761-NET-AIC still uses up the serial port on the SLC processor.

Look up the 1761-NET-ENI to enable the serial port of the SLC5/04 to bridge to Ethernet, but it may not function as you wish depending on what the "Other Brand" Panelview is looking for comms wise.

How hard can it be, to just post the EXACT type no ?

Apparently very hard Jesper. o_O

Prudent98:

Please post the exact manufacturer and model number of your HMI. Otherwise, you are just making it difficult for people to help you.

If it is an AB PV300, it will have a part number something like 2711-K3A2L1.

Stu....