FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition Software 5.0

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Noticed on Rockwell's Software updates page, FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition Software 5.0 is available for download.

Any good new features in the above download, or is it advisable to stay with V4.0 for now?

Ian

If the release of 4.0 was anything to go by, stay WELL away!

I've seen weekly patches from Rockwell and fought a couple of clients systems for days to get it to behave.
I've had numerous tech support cases go for weeks without fixes and even stumped their dev team a couple of times.

Let someone else be the guinea pig!

I'll stay where I am (in the support hold-loop)

Why, after fighting to get 4.00.00 stable would anyone EVER bother to upgrade, regardless of fixes?

I'm now TWO DAYS into a simple install, and no closer to resolving this mess.

I remember 3.2, thinking "who's the drugged out whacko who thought this was a good idea"

I NEVER (if possible ;) ) do the .0 version of anything. Wait for the first round of patches to come out. Unless you have a customer insist on v5.

I have been using the 5.0 version since the day it came out. I like the new things they have added to the package. Your able to upload from the panelview+ and turn the .mer into the application file now, as long as you enabled it when making the runtime file and of course the panelview has firmware 5 installed.

I also agree though I would not go out and update and distributed network to 5.0, as I was only crazy enough to update the panelviews.

Rslinx Enterprise has a new look to it also, along with the recipe editor finally allows you to put a delete recipe button on the screen before the only way to delete a created recipe was to do a download.