Allen Bradley Micrologix obselete?

Logix_Stef

Hello guys,

I just noticed that RS don't stock Micrologix output modules anymore. Is it true to assume that the Micrologix series is becoming obselete in the neatr future? If so it would be a shame as the Micrologix provided low cost compact PLC kit for small and medium size projects. I have not contacted the Allen Bradley retailer Routeco jet. Just wondered if any of you knows more?

Cheerio

Yes ((some of them but not all)) were discontinued last July, we still have a few left but most everyone is using the 800, the 820 and 830 have Ethernet and are great little PLC's, CCW is getting better but not as user friendly as RSLogix 500

http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Programmable-Controllers/MicroLogix-1000

Our Bulletin 1761 MicroLogix™ 1000 Programmable Logic Controller Systems are discontinued and no longer available for sale. Customers are encouraged to migrate to the Micro820™ PLC Systems or Micro830® PLC Systems.

The 1400, 1100 and 1200 are still being made and I would think they will be around for sometime, the 1000 and 1500 are gone

Thanks guys, just as I feared. RSLogix is a great piece of software, pretty reliable, stable and easy to use. I am not a fan of CCW by all means.

If by RS you mean RS components, note they are constantly adding and dropping AB hardware. The best place to check is the RA site for "silver series" / discontinuation.

I still like the 1100 but I guess it makes sense to push people toward the low end Compactlogic platform. The problem is, there are so many Compactlogic line out there I am having a hard time picking out the one that fits my need.

GiT has a good summary above about the older MicroLogix families.

I cleaned out an old locker last week and found a "Team MicroLogix 1000" t-shirt from 1998. It gave its last in service of marine diesel maintenance.

I checked the Product Lifecycle Status page for Rockwell Automation and verified that all the MicroLogix 1200 controllers and the 1762 I/O modules (for the 1100, 1200, and 1400) are all still in active production.

So, having looked a bit deeper into the Micro 800 series, a question came up: which HMIs does the Micro800 setries support and what programming software would I need? Has anyone done a project with a Micro 850 and a HMI? what was your experience and how is the performance? Any suggestions would be apreciated.

So, having looked a bit deeper into the Micro 800 series, a question came up: which HMIs does the Micro800 setries support and what programming software would I need? Has anyone done a project with a Micro 850 and a HMI? what was your experience and how is the performance? Any suggestions would be apreciated.

We sell 850 trainers and the HMI Trainers that we sell with them are the 2711R series, see below of some of the ones we offer

850 trainer https://www.plccable.com/allen-brad...w-plc-trainer-micro800-training-kit-ethernet/

HMI Trainer https://www.plccable.com/allen-brad...t-programmable-ccw-hmi-training-kit-ethernet/

If its not a big project you may want to look into the 820 (we also sell a 820 trainer) series they are also Ethernet and have analog built into the PLC you can add to plugin modules, the software CCW is getting much better

Althought CCW is not the best bit of software, I have used a couple of Micro820's and am surprised by exactly how versatile the programming ability is for simple applications. I think the Mirco800 stuff is actually pretty good for the price.

I like the fact of having a combination analog/digital I/O built into the PLC and think it was a great idea but them, there are a lot of projects that you may need only one or two analog and now you dont need to buy a seperate card and your not wasting the I/O you can just use it for digital or analog, I think this is only on the 820

For small sized projects I've been using the AutomationDirect Click and Productivity 2000. I'm looking forward to using the new Productivity 1000, as well.
Price is much better than the Micrologix, quality is good, features probably better, and free software (and not a 2 GB monster CCW!).