Communications Issue! I think!

reiderico

Here's my problem. In the mill I work in, once we throw our locks on the disconnects and lock everything out, we then ask for a bump test from the control room operator. Sometimes, not all the time, the operator will say that they are showing a small load in Amps on the motor. At the same time the technician is verifying that nothing is turning on the motor end. In the control room we use Wonderware for our HMI's. All of our PLC's are Allen Bradley. We are slowly upgrading our HMI's to Factory Talk. Anyone ever have this issue? Thanks

Sounds like a rung of logic that goes something like: IF power is applied to Motor1, then calculate the current draw and put the result at location xxx. So, when power is disconnected, if that calculation was not 0 (zero), the last value above zero will remain in the destination buffer (xxx). I would carefully check the logic that calculates your current draws.

Ya man, that makes sense. We have Block diagrams all over the place in the PLC's. It's not all the motors it happens to. I'll check up on it though. Thanks Chum

As MasterBlaster said where is the current info coming from.
If a analog input then maybe the zero is a little high. Sometimes a low value cut-off in your logic will help. If less the xx then move zero to the register the SCADA polls.