Daylight Saving with M340

cntrlz

Hi, am trying to write to the system clock using UnityProS and M340 to change to NZ daylight saving automatically, I have done the same on Siemens PLC's but not with Schneider - I have read up on the system words %S49 - 53 but I am struggling to read the actual Month - the word being Month/Date, I have tried to convert using WORD_AS_BYTE but it says the %SW is an INT?? Can anyone shine some light on this for me please?
Any help would be most appreciated.

hi, take a look to thread, there is basic method how you can set and read Unity's PLC time, I posted it last week

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51729

if you want read actual month and day to seperate variables, you have to use shl (shift right) command after you have readed plc system word %sw52 to int variable with BCD_TO_INT command.

And of course, when you set time to PLC and want use seperate int variables for month and day, you have to use first shl command (shift left) and after that you have to add day variable to it, so that you get month and day to same system variable again...

Lare

Oops. I writed it wrong before, you have to use shl and shr commands first and after that you can use bcd to int and int to bcd conversions...

Lare

Hi Lare,
Got your first email as I went to site, so had a go - got your second email when I got back home - will go back next week and have another try. Thank you very much for the help it is most appreciated.
Have a nice Christmas :)

Minutes in Unity

I am having the same issue as I require the minutes to be separated from the hours. When I use the BCD_TO_INT I get the hours and minutes as an INT. I have tried the ROR function before using the BCD_TO_INT but it just switches the order. Can you please tell me how you were able to use the rotate right in order to read the minutes separately?

Thanks

Does the M340 have a mask? In Omron PLCs I use ANDW (and word).
As follows ANDW #FF00 A352 D1000 lets hours through but blocks the upper byte. If you want the upper byte then ANDW #00FF A352 D1000 then SWAP D1000 to swap the upper and lower bytes. Find this the easiest way bt far.

you need Shift command (SHR and SHL) instead of ROR.
Another method is dividing by 100 to get hours.
Minutes are HHMM - hours*100

Does the M340 have a mask? In Omron PLCs I use ANDW (and word).
As follows ANDW #FF00 A352 D1000 lets hours through but blocks the upper byte. If you want the upper byte then ANDW #00FF A352 D1000 then SWAP D1000 to swap the upper and lower bytes. Find this the easiest way bt far.

Yes Bob simply use the AND instruction (the input and output data types may be BOOL, BYTE, WORD, DWORD) or use the AND_ARxxxx functions (where xxxx may be EBOOL, WORD, DWORD) to AND two arrays.