Slc 500 eprom

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
What eprom will work on a 1747-L532 SER-D REV-4 OS302 SER-A FRN-9

I have tried a M11 & M13 and get error memory not large enough I forgot to take a screen shot, I have a M12 now to try tomorrow, I also remember the UIC can give problems so if I have to I can use a DF1

I looked up -15983 - SLC : Memory Module Compatibility Table on Rockwell page when trying the M13 but was unsure since my O302 is a series A

Any Ideas or is there a different Tech note I need to look up, Thanks

I was able to use an M12 eprom and save the program into it. I set the S:1/10 bit in both the Eprom and the program in hopes that if I get an error (loose program in RAM) it will reload from Eprom, not sure if this is correct since if I go under Comms tab and clear memory I fault and go back to a Default processor. Should I be using the Program Compare S:2/9 instead. I replaced the backplane on this unit which was the culprit to it Faulting to Default occasionally, but had it do it once more after 6 months and not again.
I have this unit on a network using a NET-ENI but if it faults to default I loose the Baud rate and have to physically go down there with a laptop to reload. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks

No, I think you did it right. I think if you really had a memory error, it will load from EEPROM.

Clearing the memory from RSLogix software is probably not considered a memory error, but you might try power cycling after clearing the memory to double check this.

I normally tie a HMI bit to S:5/8 when a memory module is in play, so that the operator can be notified if a load from EEPROM takes place. What will happen, is that any changes to timer preset, user setpoints, etc will be overwritten with data from the memory module and you want to notify the user if that happens. You can then also tie an alarm reset button to an unlatch instruction for S:5/8 so that subsequent overwrites can again be detected.