dkc servo drive

tejcarter

first post long time browser, thanks a bunch for all those that contributed over the years and many more to come

needing help with a indramat servo drive dkc model, it seems to default with every power cycle, then we reload parameters and re-home then works again. any recommendation would be helpful

I am not familiar with your system but have you checked for any batteries that need to be changed?
If no batteries are present then I would contact the manufacturer for suggestions.

Regards,

The battery in the motor feedback maintains the absolute position of the motor. If I remember correctly the motor position offset is written to and held in the motor feedback memory with the DKC drives. If the battery is the issue you should be seeing diagnostics indicating that the battery level is low and (if its bad enough) that the motor position was lost. The DKC drive records the motor position at power down and compares it to motor position when it powers back up. It will issue a diagnostic if those two are too far apart on a linear axis also.

If you aren't seeing this kind of thing I wouldn't think it is the feedback battery. Are you losing the whole parameter set or just the motor position?

Keith

still not resolved the battery was up to par, we replaced it anyways, ugh these are wonderful drives and seem to last just not fluent with them.

tc