CompactLogix L24ER QBFC18 Help

Nortech

Hi all,
I have a CompactLogix L24ER QBFC18 with a built in high speed counter card and analogue I/O card.

I was using the 2 analogue outputs to control the speed and torque of a piece of equipment.

Through trouble shooting one night, 24VDC was mistakenly applied to one of the analogue outputs and caused a fault on the PLC.

When I cleared the fault, everything is back to normal, except that I am no longer getting my analogue outputs. (No voltage)

Is there anything that I can try?

If something is blown inside the PLC, can this be fixed or is it a lost cause?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help!

I dont think 24v would cause the card to be bad... maybe the power supply is bad? I have put 24v to analog cards many times in the past and never had them go bad but I guess it also depends on what you shorted out

Verify you have all other power

Thanks for your reply. I have all power as normal. My DI and DO and even my high speed card is working.
Just no analogue outputs.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Let us know more details... do you have power on the terminals ? is the program writing a output? is the program in run? change the output and see if you get anything coming out

Try refreshing the module from RS Logix 5000. Right click on the card and go to properties, then go through some of the tabs and click "refresh module". That might fix it? I'm sure you already tried powering it down and back up.

I am a little confused in regards to the internal fuse??

The manuel says that this one is not replaceable for the L24ER, but I have diode on the front saying fuse?? can't find any info regarding this, is there a fuse built in ?

I hope I am not adding more questions then answers :)

/Holmux