standard panelview to panelview plus

eortega

Migration from panelview 1000 to Panelview plus 7

Hello Good Evening
I am in need of some advice
I am currently upgrading some of the old panelview 1000 to the latest panelview plus 7
the files on panelview 1000 are PVA extension and when I import them into factory talk view machine edition 9.00.00 windows 7 32 bit
I keep getting the error of PanelBuilder32 export utility is not installed. My screens also will not transfer over.
This is my first like project

Thanks for any help

Eric

Welcome!

The KB BF18591 says importing it into FTME on a 32 bit OS is a work around for a corrupt file.

If you can post your file, I think a member would try to import into their FTME if you like as a trial and post the results.

Good Luck.

thanks for the quick reply

My company will not allow me to upload any files online per company policy
If im understanding you correctly then the pva file in the panelview 1000 is corrupted and is unable to be imported into factorytalk studio

Is there any way to fix a corrupted file
I am trying to avoid doing this project from scratch which would be very tedious

thanks

Corrupted .PBA or .PVA file or missing or unregistered files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Allen-Bradley\pbex.

The KB also talks about maybe this was tried on a 64 bit machine and that's why the 32 bit is a work around.

If you can email it I may be able to try before work this AM.

Last edited:
Yes it worked I currently have FTv9
and during the import process I received that error

im going to upgrade to FTv11
and attempt again

thanks for your help