TP900 Comfort HMI Timers

Lary

I am using a Siemens TP900 Comfort HMI and a F7 1200 series PLC. I have a timer set for 15 sec., I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the timer time through the HMI? I have attached a screen shot of the HMI page that has the timer on it.

Timer Pics.png

You need to make the timer PT a tag, then that tag can be linked to the HMI. Note that although the PLC will allow you to enter times like 5min27s, all times on the HMI will be in ms.

If you want to adjust this, you can do scaling in the properties of the HMI tag.

ALSO, note that the PLC won't ever update the timer (and therefore it will never finish) if you only monitor it from the HMI. Timers update when you read the Q tag (output) or the ET tag (elapsed time). Its a little bit of system magic that isn't really obvious.

Last edited:
Not familiar with that but are you using IEC timers, These are usually based on T#xxm or T#xxs or msec but do translate into milliseconds although count in 100 ms steps. I had this issue on a different system and the way round it was use a function to convert INT to time I believe or scale your input on the HMI to give the time base for example for a 100ms time base you have an integer but a decimal point (this is not a floating point) so 1500 is 150.0 Beijers HMI's have this so it appears as decimal places on the screen but is actually an integer.

A tip:
If the preset time has to be able change when the timer has already started, then it is not enough to just change the PT tag on the [TON] or [TOF] call.
In that case you additionally have to use the -(PT)- instruction to load the changed preset time.
See the online help for the -(PT)- instruction.

edit:
You will see the usefulness if you be mistake set the time to 6000 seconds, when you intended to set it to 60 seconds. If the timer starts with the 6000 seconds, even if you then change it to 60 seconds it wont take effect until the next time the timer must start. So you would have to wait out the 6000 seconds. You wont have this problem if you use the -(PT)-

Last edited:
I think I may have made the PT timer tag correct. I have linked images of the timer tags that I made. I'm not sure how the scaling works. So I haven't tried it yet.

timer 1.png timer 2.png timer 3.png