Control logix point IO

sandy5020

Hi,

I am trying to add a 1734-AENT to control logix PLC. I am testing this at office with a CLX-L71 PLC. Everything configured connected and downloaded. But there is yellow triangle in IO tree. Also it is showing IO not responding in RSlogix5000. 1734 AENT module all LED's are green except network status (Its flashing green)

Attached a screenshot of online system . Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Sandy

Point io not responding.JPG

Your configured revision number in the AENT device properties probably doesn't match what the device actually has...you should be able to see that in the module info tab.

check that Chassis size between program and IN module match.

Probably this ^

To add to rkukl, when setting up a brand new Point I/O chassis, you have to open the AENT properties, Chassis Size tab, you'll have to click Set Chassis Size in Module. Out of the box, the AENT will have a chassis size of 1, clicking that button will update the chassis size. It will take several seconds to update and be happy, assuming that is the only problem.

You probably have more than one configuration problem.

Start with the 1756-ENBT, which has its own configuration fault showing.

Verify its Series and Revision using RSLinx (right-click in the browse and select Device Properties), then correct your offline program to match.

Then do the same for the 1734-AENT adapter.

Be sure that all of your POINT modules are v3 firmware or later; if they are very old and came from a DeviceNet installation they might not work at all with the 1734-AENT.

Also, as others have noted, the 1734-AENT requires you to set the number of POINT modules manually, rather than automatically detecting them. You can do that in RSLogix 5000 or via the Web interface.

Hi all,

Thanks for the response and you guys are correct there was some missmatch between configured ENBT module and physical module. I clicked on discover module and attached then added point IO... :)

Regards
Sandy