Import TIA 15.1 blocks into 15.0 project ?

There's no easy way, you might be able to copy/paste networks from V15.1 to V15, but not entire blocks in one go
You just as well upgrade to V15.1, it's the same license
By the way, V16 is out now for more than 6 months 👍

TIA forces a recompile and renewed download when you change versions. And that is very often a no-go on running machines and/or plants.
That is the reason why many TIA users (incl. myself) dont merely upgrade to the latest version.
I stayed at 13SP2 for as long as possible, then jumped to 15.1 (after meticulously updating ALL my existing V13SP2 projects) and see no compelling reason for switching to 16 (*).
One can parallel install or use VMs to manage multiple versions, but it is a hassle, and it doesnt solve everything.

*: I was ready to switch to 16 if WinCC Unified had shown itself to be as great as the sales people had hinted at. That it isn't saved me from the trouble of managing yet another TIA version.

Jesper, you are right, here the OP will downgrade an entire project, so it is my assumption that it is a major download he needs, in any case
I still wait for my Unified Panel to test 😊

Depending on the project and its contents some can be exported (exported is not the right term but can't think of it) and then can be added as external source files and regenerated in another version.

I know I'm being cryptic but I'm sure someone will have a better memory or in front of a computer and will expound.

You can PM me in the morning and I will have a look.

Last edited:
Jesper, you are right, here the OP will downgrade an entire project, so it is my assumption that it is a major download he needs, in any case
Yes, since the blocks in question will no longer be un-edited, it will not be possible to go online without compiling and downloading.

Maybe the OP has chosen to standardize on V15. If not, I would do it the other way, migrate the original from V15 to V15.1 and then splice the program changes into the migrated project.
If the loss of actual values is a concern, then there is the possiblity of taking snapshots from the running machine before migrating.

If you want to copy blocks from V15.1 to V15 then you can use the openness scripter to export the blocks from V15.1, edit the xml to change all the V15.1's to V15's etc and then use the openess scripter to import the blocks to V15.

For example, here are the difference between two indentical blocks (both contain only SCL) for V15.1 and V15

1515.jpg

If you want to copy blocks from V15.1 to V15 then you can use the openness scripter to export the blocks from V15.1, edit the xml to change all the V15.1's to V15's etc and then use the openess scripter to import the blocks to V15.

For example, here are the difference between two indentical blocks (both contain only SCL) for V15.1 and V15

Hi. Thanks a lot. How did you do that ? I have TIA and openness installed an working now but I don't know which function to use.