Version 10 FTView Studio Issue with L35E Processor

Kroger2013

I am experiencing an issue with what seems to be a version related issue only. Here is what I have going on.

Currently running a Panelview Plus 6 1250 HMI, firmware rev 6. with a 1769-L35E processor (version 20.012). There are no issues with the current application running. I am taking the same runtime application, which I made changes using Studio version 10 and try to run the application in a Panelview Plus 6 1250 HMI with firmware revision 10, I get nothing but errors across any screen. I have two shortcuts set up in this application that both work fine in version 6 on a version 6 HMI, but one out of the two doesn't work on a version 10 HMI. I have contacted Rockwell online chat with not much help there. I have deleted the shortcut and recreated it. The application works just fine in test mode on my PC. Has anyone else experienced this before? I see that the HMI establishes two CIP connection to the processor and the old HMI will establish three CIP connections. There is quite a bit of traffic, which I am not sure if this doesn't have something to do with things, but we can have up to 31 CIP connections to this processor at one time. L35E only allows 32 CIP connections.

I am also having the same issue with another application Panelview Plus 6 1250 (version 10) with a 1769-L32E processor. Getting the same message: Item "tag name" is unresolved in the processor on route CompactLogix in slot 0 of the chasis.

When you tested and verified your application was running fine on your PC, did you "copy from design to runtime"?

I am also having the same issue with another application Panelview Plus 6 1250 (version 10) with a 1769-L32E processor. Getting the same message: Item "tag name" is unresolved in the processor on route CompactLogix in slot 0 of the chasis.

Unresolved usually means that the tag does not exist in the plc. Or, it is not in the scope you originally assigned the tag to, or the shortcut for the tag has changed.

As the previous post stated in the communications setup there should be a verify button. If you have an earnings they should be resolved and then create the new runtime mer.

Unresolved usually means that the tag does not exist in the plc. Or, it is not in the scope you originally assigned the tag to, or the shortcut for the tag has changed.

As the previous post stated in the communications setup there should be a verify button. If you have an earnings they should be resolved and then create the new runtime mer.

I think you'll get spammed with the same mesages when the connection path is incorrect.

You are correct. If all the tags say unresolved then the path is incomplete. If only some tags it’s probably local to the individual tag on the display.

Open Config Mode on the PV terminal and verify the communication shortcuts are present and pointing to the correct controllers.

If one shortcut is working properly then I can see where you would not get errors on certain screens, but see errors on another.

My initial thoughts are (assuming it works in test mode):
  1. The comms settings need to be copied from Design to Runtime
  2. After making these changes make certain you Apply the changes before clicking OK. It will warn you if you don't, and if you continue it discards the changes
  3. After verifying the Comms setting, make certain you generate another Runtime file
  4. After generating the Runtime, make certain you download it and use the Replace Comms option

I know I have made changes to an application, forgot to create a new Runtime and downloaded the old Runtime. Then scratched my head wondering where my changes were.

OG

Open Config Mode on the PV terminal and verify the communication shortcuts are present and pointing to the correct controllers.

If one shortcut is working properly then I can see where you would not get errors on certain screens, but see errors on another.

My initial thoughts are (assuming it works in test mode):
  1. The comms settings need to be copied from Design to Runtime
  2. After making these changes make certain you Apply the changes before clicking OK. It will warn you if you don't, and if you continue it discards the changes
  3. After verifying the Comms setting, make certain you generate another Runtime file
  4. After generating the Runtime, make certain you download it and use the Replace Comms option
I know I have made changes to an application, forgot to create a new Runtime and downloaded the old Runtime. Then scratched my head wondering where my changes were.

OG
Yup, done all that. Keep in mind, using the same project on a version 6 HMI, it works fine. The only difference is I try to use a version 10 HMI, I convert the application to version 10 when creating the runtime application, it does not work. The other two shortcuts work just fine. I have a colleague working with another application that is doing the same thing. It works on an older HMI, but not with version 10. Only difference here is that it is a 1769-L32E processor. I have installed the latest patch rollouts dated for June of this year as suggested by Rockwell.

I have also deleted and recreated the shortcut that isn't working. I made sure that the shortcut name was grammatically correct after recreating. It works in test mode, it just doesn't work in the HMI. I am leaning toward all the CIP connections on the processor. Rockwell says a version 10 HMI should use the same amount of CIP connections, but I am unsure of that. The L35E processor is maxed at 32, and sometimes we reach 31 connections with a PC connected. I had 27 connections used when I tried to connect the version 10 HMI last time. I can hook up the version 6 HMI, and it will establish connections.

When you Test the application, you are using the same connections that the PV uses. I don't believe it is an issue with connections.

On the PV, have you checked that the shortcuts are all there and when you select one does it show the correct controller?

OG

When you Test the application, you are using the same connections that the PV uses. I don't believe it is an issue with connections.

On the PV, have you checked that the shortcuts are all there and when you select one does it show the correct controller?

OG
Yes, I have checked the shortcuts in the PV. Remember, the application runs just fine on a version 6 HMI. This is latest thing I have tried as recommended by Rockwell: I deleted the runtime shortcuts and entered them in manually as suggested by Rockwell. Same result....

Post screen shots of both the design and runtime tabs. Also post one of the pop up window that comes up when you press the verify button.