Logix5000 V19 Windows 10 Compatibility issue

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
So just recently, someone else in our company start to have issue opening V19 program offline. We tried the usual fixes like uninstall/install, etc... after messing around for a while I finally reached out the Rockwell and their response is that V19 is not compatible with Windows 10. Yup, that's a surprise to me. Mind you, it works fine (knock on wood) on my win10 machine.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1041470/loc/en_US#__highlight

I guess I can upgrade everything we still got to V20. Do you folks run into the same problem and any tips to make it run on win10.

Any "Non-Compatible" Rockwell software go to Properties/Compatibility/Change settings for all users

Then check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Vista SP2

Then check the Run this program as administrator box, OK, OK and it will run.

Now for Studio5000 you have to do the same for Launcher so it can open Designer as admin.

For the record, I am running windows 10x64 pro with
Rslogix 5000 : v10 thru v20
Studio 5000: v21 thru v32

I have no problem w/ it.

I have no problem w/ it.

I have a similar setup, but only go down to ver 16.

The only 2 releases I have had to change were the latest releases of v32.02 and v20.05 - before those there was no problem, and the other versions run fine.

If you have not already noticed, starting from v32.02.01(5.86 GB), which is the latest current version avail for download, Rockwell is switching to a different coding scheme that makes download size smaller than the previous v32.02.00(7.57 GB).
While it sounds great, it breaks the Logix Emulator v32 with red light battery fault.
I was told the next version would be even smaller size yet.

If you have not already noticed, starting from v32.02.01(5.86 GB), which is the latest current version avail for download, Rockwell is switching to a different coding scheme that makes download size smaller than the previous v32.02.00(7.57 GB).
While it sounds great, it breaks the Logix Emulator v32 with red light battery fault.
I was told the next version would be even smaller size yet.

It's really haywire how it works, from a user perspective.

The multiversion image that exists is the same size as individual software. Example: All versions from V20-32 are 8 gigs, individual versions 20,21,24 are also similar in size +/- 2 gigs.

I have no problem w/ it.
My computer, with a very similar IT provided image, works fine without doing the compatibility mode. So I guess there's just no way to predict which setup works or not.

I will also try to migrate anything before L7x to version 20 and anything later to version 30 to minimize the number of version we support.