[HELP] Red Lion Crimson. Trying to pair Graphite HMI [HELP]

RichardTech

Currently I'm working on a machine which utilizes two 15" Graphite HMI's.

I have been told that it is possible to communicate between the two seamlessly.

We want to be able to constantly access (read/write) data tags over the connection between the two HMI's and send commands through (eg. press a button on HMI_1 which opens a page on HMI_2).

After spending the last week going through all available resources I have not found a single case of this being documented.

I have been unable to find any HMI to HMI drivers that can be used with any of the communication ports.

I've also tried communicating over a single Ethernet cable and sending packets of data over manually. It looks like it can be done. But it will be inefficient, thus not viable for this application.

I'm hoping to get some input from Red Lion about whether it is possible, and if so which method you recommend to accomplish this.

Regards,
Richard

Have you asked the source of the above information, how or what their definition of the statement is and that it matches yours?

Have you contacted your local Red Lion technical support team?

Currently I'm working on a machine which utilizes two 15" Graphite HMI's.

We want to be able to constantly access (read/write) data tags over the connection between the two HMI's and send commands through (eg. press a button on HMI_1 which opens a page on HMI_2).

After spending the last week going through all available resources I have not found a single case of this being documented.

I have been unable to find any HMI to HMI drivers that can be used with any of the communication ports.

I've also tried communicating over a single Ethernet cable and sending packets of data over manually. It looks like it can be done. But it will be inefficient, thus not viable for this application.

I'm hoping to get some input from Red Lion about whether it is possible, and if so which method you recommend to accomplish this.

Regards,
Richard

There are Three methods that I know of and have used, though not on a Graphite but on the original G3xx series.

1. Via Raw Port Communications - not simple and not normally needed.
2. Make each a Modbus Slave and put tags into Modbus Gateway Slave Blocks. Not really simple to do, but very fast communicatons.
3. Via the Redlion OPC Proxy - Enable OPC Proxy on the Displays and then use the OPC - TCP/IP Master Driver. This is much easier, but isn't as fast as using Modbus TCP.

As long as very fast comms isn't important, I would go with number 3. It is easy enough to set up and test. You import the CD3 file from the Second display into the First display to set up the tags. You can do this both ways if you like.

I would like to thank everyone who replied.

This has help me a lot, I now have my two HMI's talking through modbus.
You have all saved me a lot of time.

I will stick around on this forum and help out where I can :D