FTView ME Station Tags Issue

Bbarnett

I have no problems creating the .mer file on my personal laptop with Version 11 of FTView ME. I can even run an ME Station on my laptop, and everything works great. When I transfer to the offline PC with FTView ME (version 11), it opens, but I get the alarm:

"Shortcut 'FactoryTalk Linx OPCServer' is not usable"

I can ping the PLC from the offline PC.
I can view everying on the network in the FactoryTalk Linx Browser.
I have tried uninstalling FTView ME Station and reinstalling it.
I have also tried creating a brand new .mer without luck.

Any other ideas?

Verify you runtime communication shortcut is mapped correctly. The .mer uses the runtime path. Running the application from Studio (Running Man) uses the design path.

I think I got it now. The FactoryTalk Linx Browser on the HMI had a different Ethernet name than my personal PC. Once I changed my PC to EtherNet, AB_ETH-1, it worked.