PLC5 ASB module fault

usajrz1

Hello,

I have a remote IO rack communicating back to a plc5-40 processor via DH+ that has recently given me some strange issues. the rack has been in service for probably 15 years with no major problems. starting on 3/1/20 we had an adapter fault out of no where. Module got swapped and almost exactly 12 hours later we had an identical issue. The card we used to replace it was a used spare. the night tech assumed that it was actually a bad spare and replaced it with our last new ASB module. 13 hours after that we got the adapter fault light again. i mostly work on the hardware side but have some very minor programming experience. im at a loss for what could be causing this. Has anybody experienced a similiar issue before?

Faulty spares are absolutely a possibility.
Even brand new in unopened box, electronics age when laying on the shelf for years on end.
In particular electrolytic capacitors are destined to go bad sooner or later.