TIA Portal 15.1 Issues

Lary

Using a S7 1200 1214C AC/DC/RLY

Here is the issue. first we had no communication to the cpu....we corrected that problem. We can get the cpu into run mode with no issues yet, we do not have any outputs firing.... All inputs work correctly and show correctly on the LED's. None of our outputs work.

Even with the computer disconnected, the machine will not run, Also our rungs on our networks never change colors to signify a functional run mode or sequence of operation....they always stay black..... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like the program isn't executing? You have the program running in cyclic OB? Can you verify that it scans the program?

Open the TIA project and go online with the CPU.
Are all the blocks loaded ?
Does the PLC have any errors ?
Is your code in OB1 MAIN or in a block that is called from OB1 main ?
If you view your code online, can you see that the outputs activate ?

Post some screenshots while online.

I am new to using this software. Do the blocks have to be installed seperately or can you do them in shot? When I downloaded to the plc i clicked on the name of the PLC to download.

As far as block are concerned I have 3 main blocks
OB1: Main, which is empty.
FC1: Inputs
FC2: Outputs
FB1: Table Sequence
DB1: Step Sequence

Then system blocks under that.

We have green circle all the way down. From what I've seen that means no errors.

In S7 ensure the FB/FC & DB blocks are downloaded before downloading OB1 as any call to an FB/FC or opening a DB block will put the PLC into stop.
OB1 is used to call other blocks, if you like OB1 is the Main task so will need to be programmed to call the other blocks.

Parky
those days are gone
Its all automatic now- no worry about downloading blocks before the calls
Your thinking Simatic Manager and 300/400s

Yes your right, I'm in S5 Mode lol.
I still remember a time when I did some mods on a system off site, sent the modified blocks to the engineer on shift to download, however, I forgot to add one of the function blocks. Not a happy production manager, it crashed the system lol.

Yes your right, I'm in S5 Mode lol.
I still remember a time when I did some mods on a system off site, sent the modified blocks to the engineer on shift to download, however, I forgot to add one of the function blocks. Not a happy production manager, it crashed the system lol.

haha

Me too Parky, Ive done the same thing!

Lary, you never said but just curious... did this run before or is this a new program/machine that you are just starting up? as they have said your OB can't be empty

Its a little bit of both, It ran manually before. They decided to remove a timer and add a valve and cylinder to the program. None of the changes have been made yet. But, for some reason the PLC lost its ability to access its outputs. All the inputs light up when looking at the PLC but none of the Output lights turn on. I know from reading further up the thread I'm supposed to call the FC1, FC2, and FB1 in the OB1 Main. Not sure on how to do that.

Its a little bit of both, It ran manually before. They decided to remove a timer and add a valve and cylinder to the program. None of the changes have been made yet. But, for some reason the PLC lost its ability to access its outputs. All the inputs light up when looking at the PLC but none of the Output lights turn on. I know from reading further up the thread I'm supposed to call the FC1, FC2, and FB1 in the OB1 Main. Not sure on how to do that.
Insert a new network in OB1.
Drag your FC to it and release when you see the green highlight.
Repeat.

The quickest way to resolve this is to start posting as many screenshots as you can of the project, OB1, online status etc.

oh, I just remembered what my brother told me that he was told in a Siemens class: "Remember to put on your glasses."

xxx.png