pin 9 cable diagram

Based on Figure 6 page 14 of this manual

https://store.gegridsolutions.com/Manuals/Documents/ACL/GEI-100434A.pdf

I would say it's pin to pin 1, pin2 to pin2, etc. All it does is convert a 9-pin microminiature to a 9-pin Dsub.
GE Industrial Systems supplies a cable to convert the 9 pin receptacle
microminiature D connector to a standard 9 pin subminiature D connector (Part No.
336A4929G1)
The pin designations look like standard RS232.

When I need the pinout of a cable I first go to Google Images and search for the part number.

Rarely fails to have it.

I stand corrected.

The closest thing to a standard is the pinout for a 9-pin COM port on an IBM AT style computer. Once they moved from 25-pin to 9-pin, the vast majority of computers that featured a serial port put the signals on the same pins.