Testing a AB L83E Program without controller

I'm very new to this field, but I really think that these are conscious decisions.

I remember asking you for the RSLogix Upload/download tool a while ago. I conducted some successful testing to use it as an automated 'Build' tool with my git repo. When I wanted to standardize it across my company, I wanted to officially get the tool from Rockwell. My pathway was to initially contact the support line. They emailed me back saying "We like to ask our customers for more info when requesting this tool".

I emailed them our requirements, clearly stating that I already had AssetCentre, and wanted to have an independent pipeline for my git repository. They were really not satisfied with that one apparently, as the next thing I know, I got an email invitation from Rockwell for a meeting with 4 big-wigs from the AssetCentre development/Logix Designer development team.

I was like sure, let's see what awaits us here. It was an hour long meeting, and I was expecting some positive response from that, but it just turned out to be a lengthy advertisement for AssetCentre. Again, this was after I told them that we already have a multi-10s-of-thousands-of-$$$ license for AssetCentre.

I really believe that they want to control the narrative. It's a deviation they do not want, why? I don't know the goals apart from $. If it was possible, they'll give out APIs for "Component of logix designer" executables they use for uploading from the AssetCentre Disaster Recovery Agent. The user already bought Logix, they shouldn't wall the full usability, at least not for the pro edition.

I wasn't saying that they don't make money grubbing business decisions, after all, they are a business. I just didn't think the topic of this thread was one of them. Who knows though.