Pvp 6 export .csv files to usb flash drive

Ryan_Flowers

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have an AB PVP 6 with version 10 FactoryTalk ME firmware. I would like it to export the Audit Trail and Alarm History to a USB flash drive once inserted. I have it right now to where it will export these .csv files to a folder on the PVP itself but to put them on the USB flash drive it requires the user to GO-TO CONFIG then exit the FactoryTalk program and move the files manually to the flash drive using the Windows ME GUI. I tried naming the file location path to what windows ME names the USB flash drive but this only creates a folder with this name and does not put them directly on the drive. Anyone familiar with this process?

Thanks

In general, you put a command line script into a *.BAT file on the USB device, and it will execute when inserted into the PV+.

The commands are simply file COPY commands, same as they would be for ordinary Windows command prompt, but with the filesystem paths for the Windows CE structure.

There are examples in the RA Knowledgebase for the PV+6 and PV+7, in Document ID # 68884 (Access Level: TechConnect).

Excerpt: create an AUTORUN.BAT file containing:

Code:
@echo off
cd \application data\rockwell software\rsviewme\Runtime
copy "\application data\rockwell software\rsviewme\Runtime\*.*" "\storage card2\"
echo The file copy process is complete.

In Windows CE, "\storage card2" is the removable storage card, and "\USB Storage" is a plugged-in USB drive.

I believe that the PV+6 and PV+7 both support FTP filesystem access as well, so you don't necessarily have to use removable media.

Last edited:
I must just not understand the Windows CE file structure. This is what I thought would work:

@echo off
cd \PV Exports
copy "\USB Storage"
echo The file copy process is complete.

The folder "PV Exports" is where the Audit and Alarm .CSV files are stored when I export.

The shell "copy" command needs both a source path, a file name or wildcard, and a destination path.

Code:
cd \PV Exports
copy "\PV Exports\*.*" "\USB Storage\"

I believe the quotation marks are necessary because these file paths include spaces. File paths with underscores or no spaces do not need quotes.