Can't convert project into a 1789 series Softlogix Controller

PreLC

Hello PLCS.net!

I am having an issue where I can't change the controller on a project to 1789. It just isn't on the list.

Can someone guide me on how to get that installed on my PC? I'm suspecting I need to download an AOP/Controller Kit, I'm not sure though.

Thanks!
-PreLC

What version is the original program in? Softlogix development was stopped at V23, so my guess would your program was created in a Logix version newer than Softlogix supports. Logix programs are not easily backwards compatible. If you have a program created with V23 or older, you should be able to convert it.

Last edited:
What version is the original program in? Softlogix development was stopped at V23, so my guess would your program was created in a Logix version newer than Softlogix supports. Logix programs are not easily backwards compatible. If you have a program created with V23 or older, you should be able to convert it.

Oh I see.
Yup I have v28 programs that I needed to convert. It's really not a deal breaker, I have some alternatives. . Thanks for the reply!