How to go to the terminal config screen on PanelView Plus 600

Hi All,

Does the zip file on Page 1 Reset the PV to factory settings or allow for the PV to boot up into Config Mode?

Currently have a broken screen on a Panel View 800 (2711R-T7T) and would like to export the Application File so I can import it to the new Panel View as we have not got a back up of the Application File.

Thanks, Dave

After being disappointment from AB that found to be non responsive - they just would not give any support without a paid subscription, I was frustrated by the fact that there was no easy way to get out to configuration screen, in my case, application was password protected and no support from OEM too...
Finally, I have found a way :)
you need to have the free CCW from AB, you must get the proper version that match the firmware of your panel, find your panel ip address and connect it to your pc CCW software. if your application is not protected you can upload it and than download to new panel.
If it is protected, create a new simple application (when you create new it will put one button for exiting to configuration) download to panel (it would not destroys the existing).
Be carful not to update firmware - it will destroy your current application (that's why you should have the matching version of CCW)
When you get to configuration, you have file manager that will enable you to backup to a USB disk.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Does the zip file on Page 1 Reset the PV to factory settings or allow for the PV to boot up into Config Mode?

Currently have a broken screen on a Panel View 800 (2711R-T7T) and would like to export the Application File so I can import it to the new Panel View as we have not got a back up of the Application File.

Thanks, Dave
No

I am having the same problem where the integrator did not include a goto config button. I have a PVPlus 700 with the keyboard, no touch screen. If I try holding the F1 key during power up, I get a fatal error 31 (stuck key), so I have tried just pressing and holding it for a few seconds at different points during the bootup process, and while it doesn't give me the error 31, still no luck getting to the config screen. I tried plugging in a USB keyboard and pressing the alt-shift-ctrl-windows key combination, I tried the ResetMEStartup utility, and nothing has worked so far. Wondering if anyone has found another way other than disassembling the unit and removing the internal SD card and moving the .MER file off of it? This is on a running system that has really no down time, I can't have it unavailable for more than a few minutes at a time.

Try saving one of the following to a file called autorun.bat, place it on the memory card, insert it into the PanelView. This should copy all current runtimes on the terminal to the memory card, into a directory called "original". Then you can add a shutdown button to it.

But why wouldn't you use the transfer utility to get the MER off of it?

v6 said:
REM Creating the backup folder on the memory card...
MKDIR "\storage card2\original"
REM Backup the files on the terminal
ECHO Copying files, this could take a bit...
COPY "\Application Data\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime\*.mer" "\storage card2\original"

v5 said:
REM Creating the backup folder on the memory card...
MKDIR "\storage card2\original"
REM Backup the files on the terminal
ECHO Copying files, this could take a bit...
COPY "\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\runtime\*.mer" "\storage card2\original"

Yeah I was dealing with two issues at once, the transfer utility on my laptop would not open, had to uninstall/reinstall a bunch of stuff to finally get it working, and that is how I eventually was able to get the .mer file. That last utility seems like it would come in handy, I will be sure to grab it. Thanks for the help, but sadly, now that I have the runtime, I tried to restore the project and turns out they put a damn password on it, so two days wasted for nothing it looks like. Have left messages with the vendor on that one.

Thanks for the help, but sadly, now that I have the runtime, I tried to restore the project and turns out they put a damn password on it, so two days wasted for nothing it looks like. Have left messages with the vendor on that one.

Good luck with that, most vendors who password protect their IP want megabucks to unlock it, because it is so easily passed on to others. Then there are vendors who do it properly and use unique passwords for each project, so it might be less costly to get it for yours....