Honeywell Experion Alarm Filtering

toddster900

Hi All

I am using a number of C200 racks with several assets configured to help filter alarms. I now want to filter the alarms dependant on the state of a mode that is selected by the operators.

I know that you can manually enable and disable alarms by asset from the alarm configuration page by selecting the checkbox but can this selection be set from code within one of the processors?

Thanks in advance!

Looks you can disable alarming in an entire CM by turning off the ALMENBSTATE flag. Not sure if you can do this in monitor mode or not. I would build a test CM and see. Many of the blocks have this parameter as well. You could probably expose the pin and do it on the run. Again I would test.
For a DACA block you could setup some logic gates and numerics to change the trip point for an alarm but I dont see a way to explicitly turn alarming off for that block.

Yes you can turn ALMENBSTATE off from the Monitoring side of any CM.

As mentioned you cannot disable alarming for individual function blocks within a CM. A DACA, PIDA etc...will all have their alarm enable state set by that of the CM.

Thanks for the responses. I have tried ALMENBSTATE and this will work but will have to be set for each individual CM. I was hoping I would be able enable/disable alarms for whole assets like you can do manually with the check boxes on the alarm configuration page.

Does anyone know if this is possible?