Reply to PM

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Quickdesigner
Hello,
we have a touch screen QPL21100C2P, working fine for the last 20 years, lol.
However, we would like to buy another screen like this and mount it 100 feet away from this one so either touch screen can control the SLC503 plc. Is this possible with this older touch screen.
I don't have a copy of the quick designer anymore, but I have this file I think which is the program it is using.
I have a local guy in Wisconsin who I hire for PLC type of work, but he seems to not be able to open my .prj file. Can I send you this file to see if you can open it up, and can you let me know if having two touch screens like I described is doable.
Please let me know.
thanks
It may work depending on the protocol currently being used and/or if there is a second port available if the protocol uses master-slave style and then if it supports more than one master.

Zip and post the .prj file here and someone will test it for you.

However these QuickPanels are so old I strongly suggest that you add a more modern one and maybe even replace the existing.

I am open to any suggestions here. What type of panels would you recommend would be good replacement? What ones would be easy to migrate over with the least amount of additional programming? If I want two of them, do all of the new panels have it so they can work in parallel?

http://www.profaceamerica.com/sites/default/files/quickpanel_and_panlelstation_migration_guide_e.pdf

From your project, you either have a QPL-21100-C2P (120VAC) or QPL-2D200-C2P (24VDC), which have 12.1" TFT displays.

Inside QuickDesigner, it should be changed from "QUICKPANEL 12.1" Color TFT" to "QUICKPANEL 12.1" Color(QPLCxDExxxx) before conversion to a newer unit.

The newer unit according to the link above is AGP3600-T1-AF (120 VAC) or AGP3600-T1-D24 (24VDC), which in turn is replaced by PFXGP4601TAA (120VAC) or PFX4601TAD (24VDC).

https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/support/migrate/HMI_pn_Replacement.pdf

Basically, you use the PanelStation Migration Utility to convert the prj file to a GP-ProEx file, and then change the unit from an AGP3600 to a GP4601 unit, and download it to the panel.

I attached your project with the panel updated to QPLCxDExxxx in case you do not have QuickDesigner.

ok, i am looking at upgrading our panel, It still works, but is now 23 years old and i think i am on borrowed time. It was 4 years ago we talked about this, would any of these models change now and would these panels work with slc 503 processors?
thanks
corey