Splitting Hex Value

garlantm

Hello All,

I need some more clever help with a problem. I am using Revision 30 RSLogix but having a problem. I need to be able to send a value to an object that requires the number 0-10000 split up in a high byte and low byte in hex. So for the number 5000 (decimal)= 1388 (hex) I need to get 13 into the high and 88 into the low. I will include a picture below.

Thank you for the help!

pic1.JPG

I'm guessing that you don't need to do that. You can just send the Hi/Low byte over in decimal and that's not that hard if you have to brute force it with bunch of XIC-OTE. There's probably a more elegant solution though.

Mispeld is exactly correct; this is the ordinary byte order for the COP instruction.

The Length of the COP instruction should be "2" because the Length is the number of destination array elements (not bits, bytes, or words).

COP_16_to_8.PNG