Conecting M221 to ATV312

alejandrovg

Hello,

I'm trying to conect this devices with Modbus RTU using Somachine basic but I don't get any response. The speed, parity, bits and timeout are the same in both devices.

M221 configuration:
- speed: 19200 bps
- parity: even
- timeout (x100ms): 10
- adressing: master

ATV312 configuration:
- format: 8E1 (8 data bits, parity even)
- adress: 1

What I am trying to do is to read one variable inside the ATV312, in this case 9004 is the Modbus direcction linked to the Type of ramp.

And this is the program,
30tgt8y.jpg

Image link:http://oi66.tinypic.com/30tgt8y.jpg

I need some help with this, I don't know where I'm mistaking.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm trying to conect this devices with Modbus RTU using Somachine basic but I don't get any response. The speed, parity, bits and timeout are the same in both devices.

M221 configuration:

ATV312 configuration:

What I am trying to do is to read one variable inside the ATV312, in this case 9004 is the Modbus direcction linked to the Type of ramp.

And this is the program,
30tgt8y.jpg

I haven't used that controller but do use Schneider, it looks OK to me, one thing though, what is %S13 is that a time pulse ? I cant remember of the top of my head, you don't want to start another read unless you have the complete bit

I would always start by proving the slave has good comms by using a laptop with USB/RS485 adapter and modpoll or similar, this allows you to get the indexing etc. sorted, then you at least know which end you are looking for problems.

Hello, first of all thank you for your reply

%S13 is not a time pulse, its a contactor wich closes at the begining of the program and then it stays open, so I use it only to start up the program at the first cycle.

But your reply made me think that maybe the reading of the variable lasts more time than one cycle of the program does, so instead of %S13 I will try to use a manual contactor. Hope it was only that, I'll write here the results once I tried.

OK, I don't have the %S functions in my brain like some people.

I would use a manual trigger for now until you figure out what's happening, we hold off doing any comms for a good 5-10 seconds AFTER first scan to let all devices boot and sort themselves out

Stupid question, but is your wiring correct? Sometimes serial wiring can be confusing, though at least you're staying within Schneider, so that should help.

I would definitely start with manually triggering the messaging, so that you are not dealing with race conditions, or messages being sent before the other side is ready. Once you know your wiring and syntax is correct move on to automating the message sending.

Hello! finally it seems that was the mistake, the %S13 was too fast to read the variable.

I changed that and used a manual contactor (%I0.0) then the Memory Word %MW0 turned its value to 1361, the motor nominal speed.

kah9x2.jpg

Thank you all for your help!

Hello,

M221 configuration:

ATV312 configuration:

And this is the program,
30tgt8y.jpg

Hey, guy. I need your help. My deadline is coming. Do you have an email ?

You need to do what the original poster did and show what you've tried so far. No one is going to do your work for you.

In fact most of what you need is already in this thread.