Bit Files from RSL5 to Logix

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I would like to know if there is a formula or a way of determining what the bit file from an RSL5 will become in RSL5000? For example: I ran a conversion from RSL5 to RSL5000 and one of the bit files went from B:13/66 to B13[4].2 and I wondered if there was a quick and dirty way to figure this out, without putting it on a template I made in Excel. Thank you

Never mind, it was a dumb question. All I had to do was divide by 16 then multiplying the remainder by 16 gave me the bit location as well. Everyone probably already knows this.....but me. Lol

do a Right-Click on an EMPTY area of the old PLC file - and try changing the settings shown below ...

basic idea: RSLogix5000 doesn't use COLONS or SLASHES in the "binary bit" addresses the way that RSLogix5 used to allow ...

(glad you got it figured out on your own)

bit_convert.PNG

Last edited:
do a Right-Click on an EMPTY area of the old PLC file - and try changing the settings shown below ...

basic idea: RSLogix5000 doesn't use COLONS or SLASHES in the "binary bit" addresses the way that RSLogix5 used to allow ...

(glad you got it figured out on your own)

Thank you Ron. 👨🏻‍🏫