How many modules per drop of point I/O?

dogleg43

How many 1734 point I/O modules can be installed per "drop"?

I have a remote panel where that needs a total of 15 modules, with a mixture of AI, AO, DI, & DO along with a 1734-AENT Ethernet comm module.

Will I need a 2nd 1734-AENT module or ????

Thanks

You have to take a look at the 5V bus and its amperage capactiy. There is a 1734-EP24DC module that will get you more.

Set up your rack in Integrated Architecture Builder if you don't want to read the manuals and calculate it that way.

The POINTBus "backplane" is basically a tiny DeviceNet network, so you can logically connect 63 POINT modules to it.

The practical limit is how much 5V power is available to run the backplane interface of the I/O modules and the power capacity of the Field I/O bus.

Typically it's 13 to 17 modules before you have to add a 1734-EP24DC or 1734-EPAC.

I agree that you can calculate the loads using IAB, or manually with the charts in the 1734-SG001 Selection Guide.