public static byte plcValue;
public static int memoryRes;
public static byte[] memoryBuffer = new byte[16];

public static void connectTo()
{
//fds.rfd = libnodave.openSocket(0, "192.168.X.X");
fds.rfd = libnodave.openSocket(102, "192.168.X.X");

fds.wfd = fds.rfd;
di = new libnodave.daveInterface(fds, "IF1", 0, libnodave.daveProtoISOTCP, libnodave.daveSpeed187k);
res = di.initAdapter();
dc = new libnodave.daveConnection(di, 0, 0, 3);
res = dc.connectPLC();
if (res==-1)
{
System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("Erreur de connexion");
}
else
{
//memoryRes = dc.readBytes(libnodave.daveFlags, 0, 0, 1, memoryBuffer);
memoryRes = dc.readBytes(libnodave.daveFlags, 172, 0, 1, memoryBuffer);
plcValue = memoryBuffer[0];
}

dc.disconnectPLC();
di.disconnectAdapter();
libnodave.closePort(fds.rfd);

That's not Javascript, it looks more like Java. But the System.Windows.Forms call means it's probably C#.

What are you actually trying to do?

That's not Javascript, it looks more like Java. But the System.Windows.Forms call means it's probably C#.

What are you actually trying to do?

trying to get Python to work with Libnodave. Libnodave is a library that allows you to read/write data from/to a lot of Siemens PLCs

I know nothing about Siemen's Plc's. But do they have a MQTT Driver? Open Automation does I know.

My point is Python has some very good examples of subscribing to MQTT Brokers and doing just about anything you want with the data.

I know nothing about Siemen's Plc's. But do they have a MQTT Driver? Open Automation does I know.

My point is Python has some very good examples of subscribing to MQTT Brokers and doing just about anything you want with the data.

You made me google it... https://github.com/RoanBrand/MQTT-Siemens-S7-300

I guess anything is possible if you create the correct program :). Never even thought about doing this with Siemens.. I use it all around the house for sensor nodes and my sprinkler system (NodeMCU & Arduino).

Now I know what my next project is going to be :). Thanks ;)

The bit that didn't come across from his other post is that he is using a USB connected MPI cable. I think I would split the problem in to two parts, first work in libnodave to make sure that the USB connected MPI cable connection can work with libnodave. Then try to get libnodave to work with Python. There are some simple test MPI programs in the libnodave Dot.NET folders that I converted to get working with PPI to an S7-200. If you search here on plctalk.net for libnodave you will find at least one working program that uses libnodave.

Just found this note in the libnodave usb2mpi-Linux-2.6 folder:
siemens-mpi.ko is a module that allows to use the USB to MPI adapter 6ES7-972-0CB20-0AX0
from Siemens under Linux. It was written for kernel 2.6 and tested under 2.6.13.