CompactLogix & Scaime eNod4-D ETH

schwarz633

I'm considering the use of some Scaime eNod4-D ETH controllers for a filler application. It is EtherNet/IP compatible and they do provide an EDS. I'm having a problem getting the resultant tag structure to correlate to the documentation provided.

I've loaded the EDS into my Rockwell Logix5000 and was able to create a eNod4-D ethernet device named FillHead1A in my test program. It created the following tags:

From eNod4D
1. FillHead1A:I.ConnectionFaulted
2. FillHead1A:I.RunMode
3. FillHead1A:I.Data
Tags 1 & 2 are single bit boolean (BOOL). Tag 3 is a 72 element array of 16 bit words (SINT).

To eNod4D
1. FillHead1A:O.Data
Tag 1 is a 2 element array of 16 bit words (SINT).

The US distributor doesn't seem to offer much in the way of technical support and I really don't want to rely on technical support from France.

Has anybody ever used this device with a Logix controller?

Not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but when using produced/consumed tags, the RunMode and ConnectionFaulted booleans are normally inside of a structure with the data type of "CONNECTION_STATUS".

"Status information can be included with produced and consumed tags. In order to take advantage of this enhancement, the Produced/Consumed tag will need to be a User Defined Type (UDT) with the first member being of data type CONNECTION_STATUS."

What version of Studio 5000 are you using ?

I downloaded the EDS and registered it, and got a similar SINT[72] data array with Studio 5000 v24.

It may be that's all you get, and you have to write a routine to copy that data out to an appropriate UDT structure.

If you want USA-based support for ControlLogix-linked networked weighing devices, then Rice Lake, Mettler-Toledo, Helm Instrument, and Hardy are options.

The EDS sort of describes the Assembly, by calling out how many SINTS are grouped together for each data type.

The Assembly descriptions says this:

Assem101 =
"Bytes In",
0x0000,
32,Param10,
16,Param9,
16,Param9,
32,Param10,
32,Param10,
32,Param10,
32,Param10,
16,Param9,
16,Param9,
32,Param10,
32,Param12,
32,Param10,
32,Param10,
32,Param10,
32,Param12,
16,Param9,
16,Param9,
32,Param10,
32,Param13,
32,Param10,
32,Param12;

Go back to the Parameter section, and it calls out different datatypes for each "Parameter".

Param9 = "Input Data UShort", an unsigned 16-bit integer
Param10 = "Input Data Long", a signed 32-bit integer
Param11 = "Output Data UShort", an unsigned 16-bit integer
Param12 = "Input Data Float", a 32-bit floating-point number
Param13 = "Input Data ULong", an unsigned 32-bit integer

Of course there are no un-signed data types in ControlLogix, so you'll have to work around that somehow with expected values.

The actual contents of each of these parameters, packed into the SINT[72] array, are not in the EDS file, so they must be in a user manual.

Ken,

I think the information you've provided has me pointed in the right direction now. My original statement regarding 16 bit SINT tags was incorrect, they are 8 bit. The Scaime manual has the following table, which is starting to make some sense.