B&r pg2000

Max4507

Hi Folks!

At a customer plant they use a BnR CP260 programmed with PG2000 v2.36. They needs to do some change and verification into the code so they called me. At first, I refused to do the work, but they called me back after a couple of other refusal from different service providers. So, I had no choice to give it a try.

Anyone can give me some help with this PLC/programming software? I need to know the basics (how to compile/download, watch online data, make code change...). Even better, if someone could help to figure out how to make the change I need or help me to understand the code structure..

I do have experience with SoMachine and TwinCat for many years, which make me pretty confortable with IEC programming. But this PG2000 is not really intuitive. Oh... almost forgot, the comments and variable names are in German :mad:

Best regards,

I have the programming software PG2000 V2.36 so how you can let me help you or send u a download link

also i would like to know if you have experience how to change the communication mode for a plc program through pg2000 software from RS422 to RS485

Hi Mina,

Thank you very much for answering! I already have the programming software and made the communication working.

But the help documentation on that programming software is not quite clear. I am looking for a way to compare with the online program and maybe upload. I have been able to compare tasks per tasks and also upload them. But i'm not sure that i have done it the right way, or if is there any other way to do it in a simpler and more efficient way.

Also, when I will have to transfert code to PLC. Which is the correct way to do it? Do I have to do it for each task? Or can I compile the whole code and transfert it once?

Sorry for all those questions, but this software is really not user friendly and different from any thing else.

Hi,

I have a problem with a CPU 2003, I need to download the program and upload it to a new one.

Does anyone knows were can I get the PG2000 software and documentation?

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Is no one calling their local B&R office? Do they not give out PG2000 anymore? I've never had to deal with it directly, but the one time I asked on a customer's behalf, they sent out a DOSbox config and the PG2000 software, along with a PDF of tips to get connected with a USB to Serial adapter.

Pg2000

I have the programming software PG2000 V2.36 so how you can let me help you or send u a download link

also i would like to know if you have experience how to change the communication mode for a plc program through pg2000 software from RS422 to RS485

Hi, my name is Carlos Moreno, I have a problem with PG2000 software, can you help me?