Programming flash memory for SLC 5/03

xautom

I'm new with allen brandley plc. i've programmed a slc 5/03 and works properly but when the power goes down it loads an old programm propably from the flash memory.I'm reprogramming and works good.After a power fail it loads again an old programm which has a different operation.So, how i can programm the flash memory of this CPU?Does the battery to be changed?

bernie_carlton said:
The I'm guessing you have a UVEPROM or some other type memory that is not programmable by the CPU installed.

Bernie, I don't recall, but I thought that CPU has to also be in program mode (not RUN) to enable EEPROM transfer?

Also, if I recall correctly, on the SLC's, there is a switch on the processor that has to be enabled to allow writes to an EEPROM module.

so, how i can solve this.at any power fail, cpu loads an old programm thas isn't suitable for my aplication.
Does the jumper J4 maybe will allow me to programm the flash memory if i turn from protected situation to programm situation?
thank you for your answers!

xautom said:
so, how i can solve this.at any power fail, cpu loads an old programm thas isn't suitable for my aplication.
Does the jumper J4 maybe will allow me to programm the flash memory if i turn from protected situation to programm situation?
thank you for your answers!

J4 (jumper) has nothing to do with the memory module. Its there to protect the processors operating system from being overwritten.

See text below for procedure to write to memory module ( its as bernie says).
If you don't want the memory module then power down and remove it. Set status bits to proper settings.

Thank you for your repliess,
i will try tomorrow to burn the eeprom with an another processor which i have as a backup and hope to solve the problem.

LJBMatt said:
There are S: bits in the processor setup that you can uncheck so that the PLC does not load from memory on error or power up.
Under Processor Status -> Mem Module (tab) select which bits will work for you.
This will enable/disable the Memory Module load at start up as well as a couple more things if needed.
You will need to do a download to activate your changes.