Communication CPU315-2DP and SIMOREG66A70 via Profibus

My current task is creation of Profibus cable. It has to connect CBP2 Profibus-DP board with Profibus slot in CPU315-2DP. I have eight wires inside isolation and men type plugs. I have no idea how to connect the wires to plugs because the only information I have found is in attachment.

CBP2.JPG

Last edited:
My purpose is to establish connection between Simoreg and PC.
I have used cable with women's plug for PC and men's plug for Simoreg. In Drive Monitor settings I chose COM1 ( only choice accepted by Srive Monitor). COM1 in PC works correctly - devices manager does not detect any problem with this port.

The problem is, when I try to work online I get ' No connection ' in Parameter value column for each parameter. I have been wondering a lot but I have no idea.

I solved the problem above.

The LADDR parameter in SFC 15 is WORD lenght. As I understand RECORD has to be three or more than four bytes. SFC15 copies value from RECORD to LADDR. How it is possible with different lenghts?

Last edited:
See Post #18

The easiest way to express the Address is in HEX e.g. W#16#100.

Tip: highlight SFC15 in your program and press F1 to bring up the help.

Nick

I have the question regarding Double Integer to Real value instruction. Is the OUT value 64-bits or 32-bits?
Double Integer is 16 bits (integer) + 16 bits (Integer) thus DOUBLE = 32 bits
Real is also 32 bits.
You will have to convert the Double Integer to Real though

Dear all,

My purpose is control of Simoreg by PLC but I try to use PPO1.

In Simoreg I set:
- P648(K3001) - control word 1 is defined by Profibus master
- P433(K3002) - speed setpoint is defined by Profibus master
- P918 (3) - address of the slave ( converter) is fitting to this in HW config of PLC

I want to assign binector B3100 for P772. Therefore I wrote 7304h to PKE word. 7304 is 0111 0 01100000100. 0111 means modification of parameter value and store in EEPROM. 01100000100 is 772dec.
IND and PWE1 words are zero. I wrote C1Ch (3001dec) to PWE2. Also I wrote 9C7Fh as a control word 1.

In my program, I send PKE to DBW0,PWE2 to DBW6 and control word 1 to DBW8. Then I copy these values to PQ memory with start address PQW256.

The problem is Simoreg does not detect any data (A083).

Hi

My purpose is to establish communication between CPU315-2DP and SIMOREG6RA70. I am going to use SFC14 and SFC15 functions to send information by PPO3. I have the following question:

Do the PZD1 become one of sixteen words and their corresponding connectors ( K3001-K3016) automatically after end of transmission or I have to carry out some operation? If the second,please tell me where can I find suitable information.

please see the attached picture

Screenshot_2.jpg