Siemens Automation Training

Helliana

Our facility is 99% Allen-Bradley, but last year we received a new piece of equipment that originally purchased for another plant that is all Siemens controls. Does anyone have any Siemens training classes in the US they recommend for engineers that has lots of Allen-Bradley experience but no Siemens experience. I don't want to spend large amounts of money for a class where they teach maintenance techs how to turn on a computer or is a "training" that ends up being nothing more than a sale pitch, but i also don't want to be completely lost either since i haven't had any experience with the Siemens software. Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

I would start by reviewing what Siemens PLC you have and how was it programmed. Do you have ladder logic or SFC program?
Documentation is the number one issue with programming in general, after reviewing what you have then you can determine how to proceed.
https://www.automation.siemens.com/doconweb/pdf/SINUMERIK_SINAMICS_03_2013_E/S7P.pdf?p=1
The above is the manual for Step 7 programming. I would review the program and seek to understand how the logic was made.

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

This was a pretty good class and was offered for free for a couple of years

That's the class I would recommend as well, if you want to go straight to Siemens. Your local Siemens distributor may offer something as well.

The classes Siemens offer are pretty good, but not cheap, I do recommend them. There might be some free workshop like classes they offer tho.