AB 1747 PIC/AIC + DRIVER will not run.

dataglyph

I am using linx lite and have no problems configuring drivers and running them except for 1747 PIC/AIC + DRIVER. The odd thing is that in the config window the startup, start and stop switches will not highlight. This is not the case with 232 devices, or ethernet drivers. I am using a USB/SERIAL adapter with the PIC converter, and have configured the driver with the service off and the application running. As well I have enabled reserved for this com port only, and configured all 4 ports in device manager individually for this device, but to no avail. Has anyone had this problem before, and what was done to correct it?
Thanks

USB + PIC = No Comms...

dataglyph said:
I am using a USB/SERIAL adapter with the PIC converter

That's the heart of you problem. The PIC just won't work with USB to serial adapters... :(

You'll either need a computer with a 'real' COM port, or purchase AB's 1747-UIC USB adapter.

beerchug

-Eric