Remote programming 5/04 with Pass-Thru

CHIP

Hello, it's posible to program a remote 5/04 cpu with the pass-thru metod?

This is my situation:
I have a running AB PLC with a 5/04 CPU, but I can't stablish communications with the RS-232 port (bad or disabled port, I don't know). So I create a pass-thru network with another 5/04 cpu like this:

commcaboa7.jpg

I know the DH+ network is working (the green DH+ led is on and steady in both CPUs), and I can see the "Local" and "Remote" CPUs in RS-Linx, but when I try to get online with the "Remote" CPU, I get the message "DiagnosticStatus failed: 0x10". I can get online with the "Local" CPU with no problems.

I also tried changing the status bits "DH-485 Pass-Thru Disabled Bit" and "Monitor DH+ Active Node Table" without luck.

Any sugestions?

The DH+ cable is about 9 ft (3 meters).
I'm using RSLinx 2.42 and RSLogix 6.3 with Windows ME.

Thanks in advance

commerrdl0.jpg

Not sure on what you have described, but why not have a PCMK in the laptop? This would make the laptop a node on the DH+ network and you could program any node on the network.

Hi Oakley. Unfortunatly i don't hsave the PCMK card.

Anyway, i think it's posible to connect to any node of a DH+ network with the pass-thru of the 5/04 (I hope...)

I have used Mickey's document from Rockwell to perform pass-through to another PLC and it works fine. I always forget to set the DEVICE TYPE in the RSLINX DF1 driver to KF2. Pass-trough is a little slow when monitoring fast changing logic.

Thanks all for the replies.

It worked. The problem was a misconfiguration in the Passthru Links ID in the "Local" PLC. I just change this numbers and everything worked fine.

Now i can change the program to another cpu and replace it.