New Rockwell Automation Search, Good/Bad?

bright676

I have a Tech connect contract and I am wondering if any here likes their new design. They said it was going to be easier to use and with native language what ever that is.

I dont like it. I typed in my "search for" and the results came up worse than a Grainger search with no relevant information.

What are your thoughts?

I have a Tech connect contract and I am wondering if any here likes their new design. They said it was going to be easier to use and with native language what ever that is.

I dont like it. I typed in my "search for" and the results came up worse than a Grainger search with no relevant information.

What are your thoughts?

The interface looks cleaner at first glance.

I did a search for something that I know should be there and it was not found.

Searching for a specific fault on a 1756-enbt gave me a first match with a controlnet adapter card. No hits on anything ethernet related in the first 2 pages ... SIGH! Nothing relevant for me either :(

I let'em know when they asked me to fill in the 'feedback' form

Who'd have thought that a SEARCH ENGINE on THEIR OWN LITERATURE would be such a challenge for them? It's been over 20 years ... how many times do they need to 'try again'?

Same as every other "New & Improved"

Someone decided to change it - probably so it was "his way" and not the way the previous person set it up after he got hired/promoted.

No idea how it was or should be - just had to change it.

"If it ain't broke - Fix it"

Industrial Engineering at its best.

This is a culture thing, When a company reaches a certain size, they start hiring people for middle management positions who often studiet for these positions and without any experience or knowledge about the companies product.

And then the ball is rolling...........

I use to be able to be able to just Google it and link to the article but now it says "Legacy Page", sign in, and doesn't link.

I use to be able to be able to just Google it and link to the article but now it says "Legacy Page", sign in, and doesn't link.

If you log in to your tech connect account the first time you get the re-direct, it won't link.

After you are logged in, go to another browser tab and re-do your search. It links through the second time. At least, it just did for me ;)