C-MORE 300 HMI Building - Tag Question

iadapt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, we have just changed form the Allen Bradley 300 HMI to the Automation Direct C-300 HMI. My question is my boss has to change the tags so do we have to change them one at a time or is there a way to change them offline and then have them automatically update the tags to the HMI en mass as a group?

Hope this makes sense?

He got stuck with this programming change as I tackled using AutoCad for the company not sure who has it easier!!!

Last edited:
I don't recognize the '300' name... Is it a C-More, or C-More Micro?

Assuming it's one of those, you can import/export the tags and edit in Excel.

File---> Import (or Export) ---> Tag Name Database

🍻

-Eric

Its a C-More Micro. We tagged them as bits and I understand he has to change that into Integer files. Can we do this with an Excel file? And whats the difference between Signed and DataType?

Apparently he has edited the Excel file but when he imports it into an existing file it wont accept the changes. We will be working on this tomorrow at the shop, looking forward to any input.

Thanks Eric

Last edited:
While you may be able to export a PV300 tag database to an Excel csv file, you won't be able to import the csv file created by the Panelview software into a C-More micro tag database. The column definitions will be totally different between the two software packages.

What you can do is create one tag for the C-More micro, export that to a csv file and then in Excel or notepad cut-n-paste to create the rest of your tags. When you're done in Excel you can import the csv file into the C-More micro tag database.

Steve, I'm curious if you know why when we import using the C-more Micro Program and Importing with the same program after having made changes why we might be getting errors.

I know that's a broad question and I hope you can understand it. But were getting errors when importing, to begin with we use the same export and import within the program but when we assign the tags to an object on the screen offline we get an error when importing. So we have to change the tags one at a time.

Very time consuming, we would like to be able to export, edit several tags and then import them and have the program accept them.

Any thoughts?

I've only exported/imported the tag database from a C-More, not the C-More micro, but I expect there isn't much difference in the database.

My experience is that you're better off if you only append to the file. Don't try to insert a new tag in between two existing tags. Have at least one tag of every data type you're going to use (integer, signed integer, boolean, etc) in the data base you export so you can copy from the correct data type when you create new tags. Don't try to change the order of the tags (rows). It may be tempting to order the tags in the file so that the boolean tags are the first rows followed by the integers and so on, but doing so will cause problems when you try to import the modified file back into the C-More software.

My advice is to export a file with a few tags to a csv file, make a few simple edits and then import it back into a C-More database to get a feel for what you can get away with and what causes import failures.