Vijeo Citect EM6400NG Modbus REGISTER MAPPING PROBLEM

abhirupbera

I was using EM6400 energy meters with Vijeo Citect scada in Modbus RTU network & mapping as following successfully.

NAME- KW_SMS_1
TYPE- REAL
UNIT- IODev1
ADDR- 43903

But when I replaced the above energy meter with EM6400NG and it's address updated. It's coming #BAD. Anyone faced the same issue??? Help needed ASAP.

Last edited:
Well the NG is Next Generation which means you probably have a different internal structure...
#BAD is just that, either you go nothing or more likely you go something that doesn't look like a number.
check offset, byte order & format.
Also check your block size, you may be tempting to read too much at once.
To be fair I haven't used these particular units but there is loads of kit out there that is very fussy about how much you read and how fast you attempt to read it.

Look at the error codes that your com block is returning...
Check the documentation.

Al

Dyslexicbloke
MODSCAN32 is showing right values, But Citect isn't showing. I know the basics of MODBUS. After doing all possible checks then only I am posting this problem. I need customized solution for Vijeo Citect.