TIA V13 SP1 keeps crashing!!

Traloch

Hello all,

I'm having issues with TIA V13 SP1, when trying to go online with a PLC which has a program created with V13. I can see it as an accessible node, but when I attempt to go online it crashes every time!

I have tried opening the V13 program and didn't upgrade it to V13 SP1 when asked by TIA, to see could I go online this way. But also crashes everytime I attempt to go online.

The only solution seems to be, install TIA V13 in a virtual machine and go online this way. So then we have to have each version of TIA installed on our laptops.

Has anyone else been having these issues? Is there a better solution out there?

This will also be an issue in the future for us with old versions of RT...

Are you running AVG antivirus? That has caused crashes for me.

Also make sure your on the latest update, TIA often has bad updates just after a service pack release. I think update 1 and 3 had some issues on this release, update 4 is pretty good though.

We figured out the issue. There was an old FC105 (analog Scale) in the program. TIA had no issue with this in V12 or V13 and the PLC has been running with it no problem also. Only TIA v13 SP1 kept crashing with this block on the PLC when trying to connect online.;)