Any other alternate of FIFO

File instructions (FAL, FSC, AVE, etc.) set a .DN bit, and don't re-execute until the bit is reset, typically by a true-to-false transition...

In that case, there'd be no true-to-false transition, so the RES of the AVE control word is needed....

Clean technique.

Yes! Much cleaner than the approach I have seen (and perpetuated) involving a JMP instruction to force transitional instructions to execute on every scan of the routine/program. I have always been bothered by this rung jumping, but never knew a way to get around it. Thx.

Loving this thread! sub'd
o.png

Hey Backendcode, nice to see you still active on the forums! How is the new job treating you?

Hey LoganB, Glad to see you after a long time! I remember the support and help you provided me with my first conveyor project which was in October 2017 and then I started my new job in Nov 2017 and honestly it's been great learning so far at my new job. Currently, I am proving engineering support at production lines and improve the PLC code, troubleshooting and adding new logic to existing line if any modification happens in the design of the line.

Also getting some hands-on experience on ABB robot and started writing Rapid programs for ABB.

Soon I will start working on keyence laser markering and Cognex camera integration :)

How's the thing with you? I hope you are doing great :) and helping other people on this forum.

Thank you again for the support and help :)

Of course! The forum is a great source of support for all of us, I just try to help when I can since I have been helped so many times myself. I've been extremely busy working my 8-5 EE job and working my controls consulting job on the side, which has kept me mostly off of the forum over the past six months :(.

Hoping I can pop in and be a bit more active moving forward! Glad to hear that you're learning so much and enjoying the career path. I could tell from your first few posts that you had a lot of passion and energy that you wanted to apply, so it's always great to see that working out! Keep trucking, my friend!