SoMachine Basic instruction help (MOVE ?)

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello everyone

Im using SoMachine Basic V1.5, the PLC is a TM221CE16R with analog inputs, I also have a TM3A2Q (analog out)

I have everything configured and downloaded to the PLC with no errors, also wrote some digital instructions and now working on the analog, I have two channels %IW0.0 and %IW0.1 I need these two to write to the outputs %QW1.0 and %QW1.1

In other software I have just used a move instruction but I am having a hard time finding a MOV, I think I need to use a operation block but I cant find a expression that will work, also cant find a function block...

%IW0.0 move to %QW1.0

Can any give me a pointer? I tried to pull up the samples and it says I dont have access to them

Thanks
Mark

Have you configured analog outputs to on? Configure both inputs and outputs to same raw scale.

I see that you are using inbuild analog inputs, they are voltage inputs and Raw data is allways 0..1000 on them.

If you use on outputs scale 0..10000

Then on operate block write:
%QW1.0 :=%IW0.0 *10

Hi Lare

Thank you for the reply...

That did work but I think now I need to configure the output, I have it added to the CPU but I am not getting a output, I made a table and see the input raw 0-635 and now the output is showing 0-6350 when I move the input (potentiometer)

I also will change the PS so I get a full range on the input side

For configuring the output is all you have to do is add it to the configuration page?

Got it... I was trying to configure them when I was online, once I discounted I was able to configure them

It would be nice if they added more instruction help to the user manual, that said... not sure why more people dont use them, nice PLC's and the software is good also, I like that you can use List or Ladder

Works perfect!!

Thanks again 🍺
Mark

Got it... I was trying to configure them when I was online, once I discounted I was able to configure them

It would be nice if they added more instruction help to the user manual, that said... not sure why more people dont use them, nice PLC's and the software is good also, I like that you can use List or Ladder

Works perfect!!

Thanks again 🍺
Mark

You are welcome, I still also learning of PLCs after some 10 years programming of them ;)

V1.5 version goed out on this week. Software looks better than earlier versions, which have some ackward bugs sometimes.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit of a shame they didn't stick to the look and feel of Unity when putting together the SoMachine family of PLCs. I'm used to it now but the first few jobs were a bit frustrating and the documentation lacks detail.

I see they're moving to Unity now with the new SCADAPacks. Such an improvement from Workbench.

Dear All,
Please kindly advise the following.

I am using TM3AI8/G and TM3AQ4/G.
I have two analog input channel (%IW 1.0 and %IW1.1) and one analog output channel (%QW2.0).
I need this two analog inputs(with OR gate) to write to one analog %QW2.0.

Please kindly advise how to do.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Ni Lar