Networking Xycom HMI that run wonderware intouch apps

wcklingler

We have 6 xycom hmi's that are running intouch apps. These hmi's are linked to plc's with modbus. What is a cheap way to network these screens to another master xycom? All of these screens run windows xp.

Thank you for the reply, and that is what I am going to do in the near future with 10 units. My problem is that I need to link 1 display to a desk top pc. Both screens have intouch and once linked I can poll data from 1 to the other. What I would like to do is use serial or parallel connection if that is possible. I do not have an ethernet hub and would like to show a small project like this to my employer in hopes of them buying the hub, I don't need to poll much data to sell this. Any help I would appreciate.

I was hoping to use mynetwork places in windows and just do a direct connect with the desktop. I will be using a xycom display. If someone could bench test this with a parrallel cable I think i can establish coms from intouch to intouch any help would be appreciated. I don't have a xycom display at home and the IT people are resistant to networking these operator displays. But for maintenance there is alot of use.

Just go buy a network hub, they are around $60.00 at Walmart, or even cheaper on ebay. You will have to set up a seperate IP address for each Xycom, and PC. You will also have to set a gateway and subnet mask for each.