Compare in STL S7

userxyz

I have a question about a compare.

I know how to write a compare... that's not my problem. But I have a compare in a function with a little deadband. At the end of this function I write SAVE if the Compare is true.

So, I have something like this:

CALL (
IN1: VALUE_1
IN2: VALUE_2
MARGE: 0.005
)

To use the result I write it like this:

CALL (
)
A BR

But, if you have something like this:

A I0.0
A I0.1
A I0.2

And you want the compare call between 0.1 and 0.2, how can this be done ?

I fail to see the use of this in a pure A (and) sequence. Since the order of statements is irrelevant.

In any case, it's good practice (in my view) to do the call just prior to when you need the result. So it'll be:

CALL (
)
A BR
= #temp

A I0.0
A I0.1
A #temp
A I0.2

This way you have very little chance of the #temp value/status being changed by other statements.
And also keep the boolean logic together, easier to troubleshoot......