Loading a Value Using a Parameter File in FactoryTalk View

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to write a value to an internal tag using a parameter file in FactoryTalk View.

Basically what I am trying to achieve is to make certain objects change colour depending on which parameter file I load.

So for example if I press Filler 1, the Filler 1 parameter file will load with the display, and all the associated objects for filler 1 will go red. If I press for Filler 2, the filler 2 parameter file will load with the display and all the associated objects for Filler 2 will go red.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Mark

Isn't there a value already in the parameter file you can use to determine the product? Then just use some logic in the color animation. If there isn't, you could just create memory tags as needed, set them to retentive, and set the value manually.

I do a lot of color animations if FTView with the animation-color control, and then IF THEN ELSE chains of logic to reduce the selection to however many colors I need.

I have set up an internal tag called Filler_Number. When the Goto screen button is pressed I want to put a number into that internal tag, so if Goto Filler 2 button is pressed it will put a 2 into the Filler_Number tag.

In the parameter file can I just write Filler_Number=2.

Thanks

Mark