Ab 1746 16i Analogue Input Card

pauly

Could any one tell me how the Allen Bradley 16 input analogue card can be set up as ''class 3''? Also why is there a distinction between class 1 and class 3? The card part numbers are the same!!
Pauly

It is the one card. It is the software initialisation word you send to the card that makes it a class 1 or 3. Class 3 uses more words in your data table but does return more info. Read the manual again with this in mind. Regards Alan

AB 1746 16 NI16I

Thanks for the info, I read the manual and wondered why there would be a need to set the card up as a class 1 anyway? If there are 16 channels with 1 data and 1 status word for each channel, why would there be a needfor a class 1 setting? The use of a lower spec cpu maybe? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Pauly